Thursday 12 January 2017

Tend Skin Liquid Review - The Miracle Cure For Razor Bumps, Ingrown Hairs And Shaving Rash

Tend Skin is a liquid treatment for eliminating razor bumps, ingrown hairs and shaving rashes and is just one of those products that I cannot praise highly enough.  In fact it is so effective it has actually saved me from several surgeries !! .

I have curly Afro hair and several years ago I started to get razor bumps due to ingrown hairs.  I used to monitor these and at first they were easy to spot and I would just extract them with a pin to stop them going further into my skin, however, as time went on they became harder and harder to spot until in the end one developed into a large bump and I could not get to the hair. This bump  was located underneath my chin and got bigger and bigger over time.  I tried to dig into it with a pin to reach the hair but this was extremely painful and unsuccessful.

In the end I became so paranoid about the lump I visited the doctor to see if they could do anything about it.  The doctor said that what they could do is send me to surgery and get them to slice the lump off with a scalpel.  Unfortunately I suffer from Keloid scars so I was worried what I would look like after I'd had this procedure,  this was in addition to not liking the thought of somebody slicing my face with a scalpel.  The doctor said it should be okay as the face has a good blood supply but he recommended I speak to the consultant at General Surgery that will carry out the procedure.

I turned up on the day of the proposed surgery and when I spoke to the consultant I asked him what he would be doing and how big the scar would be.  He told me that there would be an inch long scar underneath my chin following the procedure.  Due to the size of this incision and the subsequent Keloid scar this would have been really noticeable and would have been worse than the actual razor bump (which was approx 1cm in diameter).  I told him that this was unacceptable and asked if there was another way to which he responded "This is general surgery this is what we do, do you want it or not ?".

He seemed a little disgruntled but I told him that I would need to go away and think about it because I didn't want such severe scarring on my face.

I returned to the doctor and explained the situation and asked if there was anything else he could do. He then told me that rather than send me to General Surgery he will send me to plastic surgery instead to see if there was a way of doing the procedure with less scaring.

I went to the plastic surgery appointment and spoke to the consultant who said that he could shave the lump down with a scalpel in stages until it reaches the level of my chin.  The incision will be confined to the lump diameter itself so the scar should be minimal.

This was much better news so this is the option that I went for.  On completion of the surgery I asked the surgeon what he found and he said that the razor bump had developed into a cyst which is not what we were expecting and he said that I may encounter this problem again in the future.

All of this had started with an ingrown hair/razor bump and I knew that it was a matter of time until it happened again and more surgeries followed. My girlfriend decided to have a look to see if there was any cosmetic product that would be appropriate for me. After a bit of searching on the web she stumbled upon a product called Tend Skin and ordered it.

What is Tend Skin and what does it do ?

The ingredients stated on the bottle of Tend Skin are : Isopropyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Diglycerin, Polysorbate 80 but to be totally honest that doesn't mean a lot to me.  What is important though is how it works and from a customer's perspective what I do is I apply it with a cotton wool bud directly to the ingrown hair/razor bump and a little bit of 10 skin and applied to the razor bump it seems to have a drying effect on the lawn and with multiple applications (maybe four or five times a day) you can quickly get on top of it. In terms of effect, it seems to have a dry the bump out allowing the dead skin to crumble away until it vanishes completely or you can reduce the lump enough to see the underlying hair and extract it.

Since I had my surgery I have had many ingrown hairs/razor bumps and every single one has been dealt with successfully with Tend Skin.  I do believe that if Tend Skin hadn't been so effective and I was unable to find an alternative product I would've had to visit Plastic Surgery again for more procedures.

How much does it cost ?

Tend Skin costs approximately £20 for a 236ml bottle, however, if applied with a cotton bud one bottle will last a very long time.  I think I had my last little bottle for several years.

Overall Tend Skin is a fantastic product and I don't know what shape my face would be in if we hadn't come across it many years ago.  It is always good to have a product that works 100% every time and so Tend Skin has not let me down and I would recommend it to anybody.

If you have used Tend Skin and would like to share your experience, please use the comments section below



No comments:

Post a Comment