Wednesday 20 May 2015

Peugeot 207 water in the footwell

image
I recently had a problem with my Peugeot 207 whereby I could hear water moving from side to side behind the dashboard when I turned a corner. While I was investigating how to solve this problem I read on a number of forums that people were experiencing something similar to this but in their case they were having water appear in the footwell. Some people had mentioned that this water was probably originating from the pollen filter that is under the scuttle (Grill under the windscreen that collects water). I did not have the “water in the footwell” problem but in the process of solving my “water moving around behind the dashboard” problem I did come across the pollen filter and now understand why water is ending up in the footwell for some people.


Pollen filter
In the picture to the right you will see the car with the scuttle removed and arrows pointing to the pollen filter and the drain. The reason why water ends up in the footwell is because the drain gets blocked and water collects until it gets above the level of the pollen filter. Once it reaches this level it flows through the pipework, into the interior and ends up in the footwell. Therefore, the solution to the problem is to unblock the drain located underneath the scuttle.

I have written a detailed explanation on how to go about unblocking the drain on a Peugeot 207 in my post called ‘Peugeot 207 water moving and sloshing around in dashboard which will walk you through it.

Hopefully this has been helpful for you and please leave a comment below to let me and other readers know how you got on.

3 comments:

  1. very usefull, saved a trip to the garage and a good few pounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same problem my footwell was flooded I have now cleaned the bit as you said I’m hopeing it’s now sorted , thank you this was really helpful :)

    ReplyDelete